Jobs by category
Support Worker (Days) - The Birches, Brigg
Salary £8.21 per hour , Hours 36 hours per week
We are currently looking for individuals to join the team up at The Birches - a home for people with Learning Difficulties based in Brigg.
We have a full time position available to start immediately. You will be situated in an excellent working environment. The rate of pay for the position is £8.21 per hour.
Come join the team and make a difference to someone’s life!
Primary responsibilities include:
- Assist Service User’s with washing, bathing, personal hygiene, dressing, toileting, continence care and meal preparation.
- Support the Service User’s with their prescribed medication in accordance to their care plan.
- Keep records and care plans up to date and factual.
- Interact with Service User’s and their families professionally and respectfully.
- Treat every individual with respect, dignity and maintain confidentiality always.
What we’re looking for in a candidate:
- Working towards or holds an NVQ 2 or equivalent in Care.
- Previous experience working within the care sector as well as experience providing personal care is desirable but not essential as full training is provided when you start with us.
- Knowledge and understanding of people with different levels of learning disabilities and those individuals with dementia.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with Service User’s and other professionals.
- Ability to prioritise workload and duties to meet the needs of the home.
Your new rewarding role in Care comes with many added benefits such as:
- Retail, supermarket, holiday, entertainment & cinema discounts
- Discounted local & national gym memberships
- Access to low cost saving plans and loans
- Hospital and Death Benefit plans at prices you can’t find on the Highstreet
- Employee assistance programme & wellbeing support
- Refer a Friend bonuses
- Free parking
- Access to funded qualifications and genuine career opportunities
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
Apply online or Submit a CV