Jobs by category
Residential Care Assistant - Overton House, Cottingham
Salary £8.21 per hour, Hours 14 hours per week
We are currently looking for an individuals to join the team up at Overton House - an older people’s home, based in Cottingham, to provide person centred care to our Service User’s in accordance with their individual care plans.
We have full & part time positions available to start immediately; you will be situated in an excellent working environment.
The rate of pay for the position is £8.21 per hour.
Come join the team and make a difference to someone’s life!
As a personal carer you will, assist our Service User’s with the personal hygiene aspect such as washing, bathing and the dressing. You will also help with the toileting, continence care and meal preparation. You will support the Service User’s with their prescribed medication in accordance to their care plan. You will keep records and care plans up to date and factual and report any safeguarding issues to your line manager immediately.
What we’re looking for:
- Working towards or holds an NVQ 2 or equivalent in Care.
- Previous experience working within the care sector as well as experience providing personal care is desirable but not essential as full training is provided when you start with us.
- Knowledge and understanding of people with different levels of learning disabilities and those individuals with dementia.
- Able to communicate effectively both verbally and in writing with Service User’s and other professionals.
- Ability to prioritise workload and duties to meet the needs of the home.
Your new rewarding role in Care comes with many additional benefits:
- Retail, supermarket, holiday, entertainment & cinema discounts
- Discounted local & national gym memberships
- Access to low cost saving plans and loans
- Hospital and Death Benefit plans at prices you can’t find on the Highstreet
- Employee assistance programme & wellbeing support
- Refer a Friend bonuses
- Free parking
- Access to funded qualifications and genuine career opportunities
- Company uniform and mobile phone provided.
The successful candidate will be required to undertake a DBS check.
HICA Group are a ‘Not for Profit’ organisation providing a range of care services to older people and people with learning difficulties both within residential and nursing homes and within the community.
Apply online or Submit a CV