Jobs by category
Nurse Opportunities - Buckshaw Retirement Village
Salary £16.50 - £18.00 per hour , Hours 36 hours per week
Buckshaw Retirement Village is part of the HICA group, a ‘Not for Profit’ organisation providing a range of care services to older people and people with learning difficulties both within residential, nursing homes and within the community.
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Registered Nurse to join the team up at Buckshaw – a retirement village based in Chorley.
Working 36 hours per week, there are 2 positions available for day and night work with the rate of pay being £16.50 for a day and £18.00 for a night, you will be situated in an excellent working environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Lead a team of care staff to provide excellent care that ensures the resident’s dignity, their choice and their safety is maintained always.
- The assessment of the Resident’s care needs, evaluating programmes of care as necessary.
- Undertake appropriate aspects of nursing care that is required. This includes advanced clinical skills with the appropriate training and supervision.
- Become familiar with agreed emergency procedures.
- Be prepared to take the lead role in a non-clinical emergency in the absence of a more senior member of staff or until specialist assistance arrives.
Experience / Qualifications / Knowledge:
- Worked in a residential dementia care setting is advantageous.
- Understand and have previous experience caring for people who exhibit behaviour which others find challenging.
- Able to prioritise workload in pressured situations.
- Work as part of a team as well as independently.
- Registered Nurse – RMN/RGN/RNLD.
- On-going training and development to help you progress further in your career.
- Access to retail and entertainment discounts and cash saving plans.
- Refer a friend bonuses.
- Annual leave – 28 days inclusive of bank holidays.
- Free parking.
All applicants will be required to undertake a DBS check
Apply online or Submit a CV