Jobs by category
Housekeeper - The Lodge, Buckshaw Retirement Village
Salary £7.83 per hour , Hours 30 hours per week
We have an exciting opportunity for an experienced Housekeeper to join the team up at The Lodge, at Buckshaw Retirement village based in Chorley.
The rate of pay for this position is £7.83 per hour, working 30 hours per week in an excellent working environment.
Key Responsibilities include:
- To follow daily and weekly cleaning schedules as designed to suit the needs of the village.
- To follow requirements to undertake additional tasks as and when required, e.g. spring cleaning of vacated rooms, washing of paintwork etc.
- To be alerting to taking initiative where necessary to ensure that the village is maintained to a very high standard of cleanliness and comfort at all times.
- To include care of internal plants and checking the tidiness of reception areas and corridors and keeping them free of obstructions, e.g. discarded boxes.
- To be alert to hazards for self, other staff and residents and to report such findings immediately.
- To dispose of all rubbish in the designated external bins.
Experience / Qualifications / Knowledge:
- Basic Health & Safety
- Manual Handling training
- Training in the use of specialist cleaning equipment
- An NVQ level 2 in Housekeeping services
- Ability to work to a cleaning schedule and from own initiative
- Good interpersonal skills to enable effective work with staff and clients
- On-going training and development to help you progress further in your career.
- Access to retail and entertainment discounts and cash saving plans.
- Refer a friend bonuses.
- Annual leave – 5.6 weeks inclusive of bank holidays.
- Free parking.
All applicants will be required to undertake a DBS check.
Apply online or Submit a CV